ISO Approve Sodium Methanol Reagent Grade For Medicine , Pesticide
Other name: Sodium methanolate; Sodium methoxide
Molecular Formula: CH3NaO
Molecular Weight: 54.02
CAS Registry Number: 124-41-4
EINECS NO.: 204-699-5
UN: 1431 for solid, 1289 for liquid
Melting point: 127ºC
Flash point: 11ºC
Sodium methoxide is colourless or yellowish viscous liquid. sodium methoxide price
is sensitive to oxygen. It is soluble in methanol and ethanol, and
can decompose into methanol and sodium hydroxide with water. It
decomposes at 126.6℃ in the air.
Stability: Highly flammable. Reacts violently with water. Keep container dry.
Incompatible with water, acids, chlorinated solvents.
|Appearance||Colorless to pale yellow viscous liquid|
|Content (total alkali)||29.5%-31.0%|
1. Used as analytical reagent.
2. Important raw material to synthesize sulfadiazine,
sulfamethoxazole, sulfa synergist and the like.
3. Main raw material used for medicine, pesticide.
4. Used in dyes and chemical fiber industry.
5. Change the fat structure so that it is suitable for margarine.
6. Widely used in perfumes, dyes and other industries.
7. Mainly used as condensing agent, strong alkaline catalyst and
methoxy agent for the preparation of vitamin B1 and A, sulfadiazine
and other drugs.
8. Little can be used in the production of pesticides.
9. Used as the catalyst for processing edible fats and oils
(especially processing lard).
ISO TANK: 20-30 tons/can
Ton barrel IBC: 950KG/IBC
Steel barrel: 200Kg/barrel
It should be storaged in cool and dry warehouse. It should be kept
away from flame, heat resource, antioxidant, acids and storaged and
transported isolatedly. Light handling and discharge. Keep packing